Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bus

Today was the first day, having secured my bus pass yesterday, that I was able to take the bus to campus instead of drive. And I really only have one thing to say about it.

Wow.

I am very fortunate in that the bus takes me almost from the door of my condo all the way to the west edge of campus. I got on the bus at 8:15 and 15 minutes later and one changeover, I was on campus. That was actually FASTER than driving, if you can believe that. Even better, it was FREE and AIR CONDITIONED. I had to walk far, far less distance out in the excruciating heat than I do when I have to drive. That alone was a good reason to take the bus.

The one thing that sucked was that I had to stand the whole way inside the bus, which is never very comfortable because you're flying all over the place - but the air conditioning made up for it. Plus, this new bus-commute of mine will double as the perfect time to catch up on the podcasts that I never seem to have time to listen to because they demand my undivided attention.

This is going to save me SO much on gas this semester.

No comments: