Saturday, February 4, 2006

Huh Boy

I studied from 10am to 3pm today and couldn't take it anymore. I am unable to absorb any more medieval German or EU policy today. I am really getting scared about these tests. I don't feel prepared at all, and at the rate I'm going, I don't know if I'm going to be able to learn it all in time. If I fail one of these tests, I lose my scholarship as well as violate my study abroad program contract. So, predictably, I am walking around strung about as tight as I could be and tenser than I've ever been in my life. I feel as if I'm living out my last 9 days alive. I'm dead serious. We have 9 days and counting until the first final, and I'm just hoping that in that time I don't develop an ulcer or something.

In other news, the IAEA has voted to refer Iran to the U.N. Security Council. Iran has threatened that, if that should happen, it will cease "voluntary cooperation" with the U.N. Which means this could get ugly. Course, if it's left up to the U.N. to enforce its policies on Iran we definitely don't have to worry about a war. I just hope Bush doesn't march in there too.

Course, there's also our ally, Israel, to think about. We can't allow a country that's called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" to possess nuclear warheads. And frankly, while I am totally in support of nuclear technology for energy purposes and would have no problem with Iran using it for that, I am very, very, very doubtful that Iran plans on using it JUST for energy. That's just my take, so take it for what it's worth, which is a grain of salt. Above all I just hope it doesn't come to war.

Why this whole developing story interests me so much is beyond me, but I've been keeping up with it for a good 4 or 5 days now, and you all know that if something holds my interest for that long, it's a big deal.

No comments: