Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Big, big sky

Well, with the majority of midterms behind me (except for one) the week is finally beginning to slow down a bit - although there's no shortage of stuff to do. I have a second internship interview on Thursday via phone, and of course my Econ midterm, which I will be cramming for tonight and all day tomorrow. Livin' the dream, people, just livin' the dream.

I have to say that as much as I'm getting absolutely sick of Arizona, I will miss this amazing desert sky. It's so big. And the sunsets are just incredible, night after night. I'm continually amazed by the colors in the sky and each time I see a new formation of clouds that are reflecting colors I didn't even know existed, I always find myself thinking, "I wish I could just make it stay there, forever." It's gone far too quickly.

"I was distracted by so much beauty ... I could have gazed at the fluttering mosaic all afternoon. It was captivating, and soothing, and intriguing - all the things that gentle, intimate, flowing beauty offers ... those of you who have had this experience will know what I mean, when in a crowd of people one face stands out to you almost to say look at me, or when you are reading a passage and one sentence causes you to stop and linger while all the rest of the page fades into the background but for that phrase ... A kiss from God. A love note."
-John Eldredge, The Way of the Wild Heart

No comments: