Thursday, November 24, 2005

SO AWESOME!

Okay, so besides the fact that Thankgiving was AWESOME (we all went over to Katy's WG and had a FANTASTIC dinner composed of every dish you can think of, complete with bottomless bottles of wine), it's been a GREAT day and I have to post.

Alright.  So in summer of 2002 when I was in Nuernberg with the AATG I stayed with a host family there, and I've not had contact with them since that time...my emails always bounced back and somehow I had the impression that they weren't really that pleased with me (I don't know why I felt that way, I just did).

So now that I'm back in Germany I decided to write them a letter and try to re-establish contact.  I sent the letter yesterday afternoon, and today at 12:30 I got an email from my host mom in Nuernberg, who was so glad to hear from me, updated me on what the family's doing right now, and invited me (and even a couple friends) to stay with them sometime soon before Christmas!

*euphoria*

First off, I take back every complaint I ever had about the Deutsche Post.  I am totally willing to pay 55 euro cents for a letter for next-day delivery!  Second, I am so happy to be in contact with my host family and to be now in the process of planning to visit them again!  Oooooooooh so cool!!!!  I can't wait!  Man...I have missed them and Nuernberg a lot!  I always wished after the exchange that I could go back, partly because I wanted to and partly because I wanted to make sure that things were ok and that they didn't hate me (how ridiculous it was to think that) and I am so glad that I get to go back now!!!  So excited!!!  Man what an awesome day.

Plan for tomorrow: french toast in the kitchen with the gang for breakfast, then off to Reutlingen/Metzingen to get a peacoat (I desperately need a warm winter coat -- it's FREEZING here, and by "freezing" I mean below 30 degrees), new shoes, which I also need, and a new camera.  I am not looking forward to the hit my bank account is about to take but it's going to be fun!!

Alright......

No comments: