Monday, January 1, 2007

Finally...It Clicks.

About five days ago, I had a breakthrough on the guitar. My hand is limbering up and suddenly playing the chord of G, which was heretofore impossible, is now almost easy. For those of you music-oriented people out there, I'm sure you know that without G, you can forget playing just about everything on the guitar. With G, you're unstoppable. The number of songs that I can play - at least clumsily, has skyrocketed. Guitar is fun again, and I've been messing around on it at least an hour every day for the past week. I'm really looking forward to being able to play my own worship music live!

A couple random things:

1. I am REALLY excited about the new year. A new beginning. A new leaf. Ripe with possibility and the promise of better and best days.

2. I am REALLY excited about the jeans I bought this week. I really needed some new jeans, and wonder of wonders, I actually found jeans that fit me this side of the Atlantic. That, my friends, is cause for celebration.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

whooo i can play g as well! thats about it tho..call me tomorrow!

Lori said...

my new year's resolution is to play the guitar three times a week at least, congrats on the breakthrough, it must be pretty amazing.