Friday, January 19, 2007

If You Love Data Backups, Raise Your Hand

Today I ordered an external hard drive to back up all my data on for safekeeping. Not only is it a good idea to have copies of my photos and music (much of which is from Germany last year) and movies, but since I'm also going to be using my computer more than before for school organization and assignment tracking I need to start regularly backing it up.

Anyway, in about a week I will have a sweet, sweet 250 gigs at my disposal. Combined with my current 80 gig hard drive, I'll have a total of 330 gigs of storage. Practically limitless as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't fill that if I tried. Then again, I said that about my current hard drive when I bought this computer and now it's stuffed to the gills. In any case, I got it for a really great price at Dell, just $100. I am quite pleased.

No comments: