Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Durch den Monsun

So last night we had a huge monsoon that dumped - I kid you not - at least a foot and a half of water on downtown Tempe. Tyler and I were on our way to Target when we realized that we were no longer driving - we were sailing. The water on the roads was at least two feet deep, and was over the doorjamb. We could hear it sloshing on the sides and bottom of the car as we drove past people who were wading up to their knees and/or thighs in rainwater that gushed down the road like a river. We're both shocked the car didn't stall.

After our visit to Target we picked up Shannon and got her some Jack in the Box so she wouldn't die. I tasted a curly fry and was hungry myself, so I let out one of those satisfied groans that you do when you're hungry and you taste something good. Tyler and Shannon started laughing and making fun because it sounded like I was having a liiiiiittle too much fun with the curly fry, which of course elicited only further groans of ecstacy from the back seat. Then we hung out in the apartment for a while and Singer-Songwriter Shannon and Singer-Songwriter Tyler wrote a song on my guitar about how much "Matt Loves The Curly Fries, the Curly Fries, if he didn't have Curly Fries, he would DIE!"

It was a good night. Round two of classes today. Hi-Ho, silver, awaaay!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Okay, I didn't read the thing on Germans being cowards or whatever because it was too much hard thinking depressiveness for me to deal with at the moment, but I like the curly fries story. Makes me want to head to town for some fast foooooooooooood. Yes,YES!