Saturday, August 5, 2006

Obligatory Update

It's sad...there's some great alliteration in that title but it doesn't show because of the way it's spelled.

Anyway, not a lot going on (hence the lack of updating - see, I TOLD all of you that once I got back from Germany there would be nothing to update on). I do have some news, however. I have decided to drive down to Arizona after all, so I will be leaving either Monday the 14th or Tuesday the 15th for a 2-day roadtrip. Exciting. I have wanted to do the solo road trip since my freshman year, so finally it's being brought to fruition. Just me, a rental car, a bunch of CDs, and 1,500 miles of freeway. Awwwwesome. Plus it's way easier that way because I don't have to ship stuff, I can just pile it all in the car. I will be happy if I don't ever go into another post office again.

Last night was mom's corporate party here at the house. One of her coworker's daughters and I discovered that our parents (her dad, my mom) have been scheming all year to get us to hook up. Good Lord. It begins. Watch out kids - when you pass the 21 mark your family starts in on the "when are you going to get married and start giving us (great)grandkids?" pitch. Gaah! It'll happen when it happens! Geez! Now lemme alone, I'm busy trying to finish school and get a job so I can conquer the world and make billions of dollars.

The most entertaining part about parents trying to set up their kids is their criteria for compatability. My mom and this girl's dad were scheming to get us together based on the fact that we both studied abroad and have high GPAs. I am dead serious. Can you IMAGINE?

Me: So....what's your GPA?
Girl: I'm a 3.8
Me: NO WAY! I'm a 3.84!!!!
Girl: OMG!!
Me: We should go over in that corner and make out.
Girl: Absolutely! Let's get your shirt off.

Honestly.

Anyway, it's time for me to finish this paper and get it sent off. It's down to T-Town today, and Monday we leave for the ocean. Wooo.

3 comments:

lori said...

hey, she could be your soulmate, don't let that the fact that your parents set you up take that away, oppurtunity lost.

Erica said...

HAHAHAAHAHAHA! Soooooo true.

Margaret said...

no joke, matty, i'm totally feelin' ya. every person that i go out with is my "boyfriend," and i've been to three weddings in the last 6 months for people within 3 years of my age...and one of those was younger. plus one of my best friends in the world next year. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK. what are these people THINKING?!

but hey, was she hot?