Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Am

One of my favorite passages in Scripture is in Exodus when Moses approaches the burning bush and talks with God. When God commanded him to go back to Egypt and free the Israelites, Moses asked "When I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?"

God answered, "I AM THAT I AM."

The power in that simple statement isn't something I can wrap my brain or heart around, which is probably why I love it so much. The Great I Am! The fact that God wanted Moses to be content simply in His existence reminds me of Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God."

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I am the I am is sooooo cool. God is everything. I am the... I am the.... I am the... I juve love God and his wisdom that is far beyond what we can fathaom

Kelli said...

I love God saying that He is the the I am. He is the... He is the... He is the... EVERYTHING. God's words are so great, too great to even fathom.