Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring Blitz

Today, out of nowhere, it was about 55 degrees Fahrenheit for the first time in I don't know how long. It was so warm, in fact, that I was totally comfortable in a t-shirt and thin jacket and all the cafes opened up their outdoor patios so that patrons could enjoy the warm sunshine. I studied for 2 hours at one cafe in our marketplace and realized how much I've missed that medieval ambience. The sun warmed my face as I was bent over my book taking notes.

Went for a run this afternoon. It was amazing. I felt so good throughout the whole run, never ran out of energy. I was totally in the zone. Maybe it was the beautiful warm weather (I was running in shorts and a t-shirt!) or maybe it was my good mood. I could have gone further but I decided to stop when I hit the 4 mile mark. Gotta save some mileage for tomorrow. At Lori's suggestion I'm going to begin training for a half marathon soon -- not necessarily because I want to run one but just because it will give me a running "program" and I'll be able to go out and run 13 miles on any given day once I'm in shape. That would be pretty cool.

I definitely am someone who is in a better mood when the weather is better (as are most people) so I'm very, very, VERY glad to see spring beginning to break through, even if it takes a while to really warm up.

2 comments:

gerddoors said...

We have still been struggling here in PA with temps in the low 30s. But the days are longer and spring officially started yesterday. I must admit I can't stand the extremely hot, humid, muggy conditions that summer will bring. For that reason, spring and fall are the bomb!

Kendra said...

a-men! I share your love of running and sunshine. And a nice run in nice weather? Nothing better!! Good luck in your half-marathon; it is, I think, the perfect racing distance (though it just might whet your appetite for a full one!).