Wednesday, March 1, 2006

The Seattle Life

Today I bummed around downtown for a couple of hours before picking my mom up from work. Since the subway tunnel is closed for rennovation and I have no idea how the bus system works, I just walked to Pioneer Square and hung out there instead. Started the afternoon with a coffee at Starbucks and then spent a good hour browing the politics & history section of the Elliot Bay Book Company. Great ambience. I love that store. Every time I go to a bookstore and browse the shevles like that I always want to just start grabbing books off the shelves and throwing them in a sack -- I just want to buy and read them all! Problem is, I have a tendency to buy books and then never get around to reading them. I do want to make it a priority this year, though, to make time to READ. Particularly lots of fiction, classic literature, and history/politics. It's just good for your brain.


After that, headed to the waterfront and breathed in the wonderful salty sea air that comes in off of Elliot Bay. I love living on the sea (or, more accurately, Puget Sound).

Home is wonderful.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Awww, you make me homesick.