Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'm Definitely in Germany

I was so jet-lagged yesterday that when I laid down for a "nap" at 1:30 pm I was out till 7pm. Went to bed for real at 10:30pm and woke up at 2am unable to sleep and after having two really, really weird dreams (short versions: (1) an earthquake brought on as a plague of God's wrath and (2) a preacher who turned into a T-rex and terrorized a neighborhood. Like I said: WEIRD). Couldn't fall back asleep till 6:30am, and slept till 11:30 today.

After a refreshing shower, I don't feel much cleaner than I did beforehand, oddly enough. Still, I pulled on some sweats and a sweatshirt and -- while getting tons of stares -- walked outside to check my mail. Yup, I'm definitely in Germany. What is it about sweatpants in public that people find so disturbing here? Honestly.

It's a cold, overcast day, but spring is trying to break through, you can tell. It's just a wimp at doing it. I still think it's outrageous that we're getting snowstorms in Germany in the middle of March. You know, in Arizona it's probably well into the 90s at this point. This is just ridiculous. Man, I HATE winter.

My term paper is hanging over my head, but I will probably spend most of today getting the room back to normal and maybe -- just maybe -- unpacking. It's usually an unwritten tradition that I live out of my suitcase for a good week or two before finally unpacking (I'm that lazy).

Lots of emails and blah stuff to take care of today. Don't you just hate that, when you have lots of "business" emails to write? Ugh. So boring.

1 comment:

Michael said...

i'm ok with the fact that you wore sweatpants. but if they say "sweet thang" or "junk in the trunk" on the butt, that sir, is where is draw the line. but then again, there aren't many male sweat pants with screen printing on the butt, are there? thank goodness for that.